The Best Summer Cocktail
Ah, Summer… The best time of the year (bar Christmas, of course, where you can stuff your face with unlimited amounts of pigs in blankets without any worries for your arteries). Now that it’s in full swing, we want to round up our favourite alternative cocktail to your usuals, you know, Gin & Tonic, Pimm’s, Mojito – we wanted to bring something real special to the table. Something you can enjoy whilst watching the Wimbledon Final in the scorching sun...
So here it is, our Strawberry Smash…
25ml Lime Juice
1 teaspoon Sugar
8 Basil Leaves
2 Basill sprigs
- Combine strawberries, basil leaves and the sugar into a cocktail shaker. Muddle into a purée.
- Add the Gin and lime juice.
- Top up with a hand full of ice.
- Seal the shaker and give it a good shakey shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Fill a balloon glass with ice and sliced strawberries.
- Pour the finished cocktail into the glass & top up with a glug of Prosecco, garish with basil sprigs. Enjoy!